About the School
School Ethos and Aims
Our school is a Church of England School designated as having a religious character and whose ethos is derived from a Church of England Foundation. "Recognising it's historic foundation the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church and in partnership with the Church at Parish and Diocesan level. The school aims to serve it's community by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values and respect of British Values through the experience it offers all it's pupils" At Filey C.E Nursery and Infant Academy we work and play together so that our school is a safe and happy place where everyone feels valued.
- The school Governors are committed to children, parents and staff and aim to promote and support high standards throughout the school. They will seek to achieve this by appointing highly motivated staff and providing quality resources which ensure sound foundations, fulfil each child’s needs and help develop well balanced, well educated young people.
- We aim to deliver a curriculum that will promote moral, spiritual, mental and physical development. A curriculum that is interesting, fun and encourages each child to do their best promoting basic skills.
- We value the partnership between home and school and aim to develop this through good communications, encouraging parents and carers to take part in school activities and to help their children at home. Our school is part of the community of Filey and we encourage activities and initiatives that develop the child’s appreciation and understanding of their immediate environment and the world in which they live.
- We promote and embed British Values implicitly through every aspect of the Curriculum reflecting the school culture of 'Community, Compassion and Friendship'
- The Christian character and values of the school foster the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all learners. An understanding of Christianity as a multicultural world faith supports understanding and respect for diversity and difference. We promote a policy of equal opportunities and believe it is important to show fairness to all.
- The shared aim of all involved in the life of our school is the continued development of Filey C.E Nursery and Infant Academy as a successful and welcoming part of the Church and community which supports children and their families.